Wednesday, March 18, 2015

4 days away!

I couldn't be more excited. I have been dreaming about this since I begged my mom to let me sign up two years ago. Thanks to putting all the money I make towards it, saving, and the help of generous family members, I have finally made it to this point. I feel so thankful that I get to experience Europe for the first time ever. It is all very exciting.

I have been planning for a long time, but my specific planning started about a month ago.

How to plan: Basics:

I started by scouring blogs, webpages, and YouTube videos, searching for any advice I could find about packing tips, how to not be to touristy, fashion tips, and more. I made countless lists in my notebook of what to bring, etc. Then I decided, I should share my findings with other people! So, I typed blogspot into the google search bar and started my own blog. It's honestly been very helpful for myself, and I enjoy doing it!

Another tip I can give for planning is learning basic phrases in the language of the country you will be visiting. People tend to respond better if you first address them in their native language, even if all you know how to say is "Hi, how are you? Do you speak English?" (Bonjour, Comment allez-vous? Parlez-vous anglais? in French) Then, if they confirm their English speaking abilities, you may continue in your language of comfort.

Give yourself plenty of time. Start packing days, if not a week before. Do a practice packing a week before if you have to. You don't want to be rushed and possibly forget something.

 However, DON'T OVER PACK. Do not bring your scuba gear if you're going to London in winter. I don't want to hear any stories about meeting your rich English lover who takes you on his private jet to his beach home in the Caribbean. Leave it at home.

Save up enough spending $$$ so you don't starve. Or have to stare longingly at every souvenir that you can't afford. Hey, you don't get to go to the Top Shop in London every day.

Learn about the places you're going. Not only will it make you look smarter, but you will appreciate it more.

And finally, don't stress! Enjoy yourself!

As always, leave a comment with advice for me or just something you took notice on. Thanks for reading and happy travels!

Emily.

2 comments:

  1. I am thrilled to know you are writing a travel blog! I am also very pleased to see that you have taken up such a topic! I believe you are more than ready for this journey of a lifetime! I remain at your disposal should you ever have any questions! Have a fabulous time dear..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thrilled to know you are writing a travel blog! I am also very pleased to see that you have taken up such a topic! I believe you are more than ready for this journey of a lifetime! I remain at your disposal should you ever have any questions! Have a fabulous time dear..

    ReplyDelete